Monday 5 January 2015

Why Didn't I Prepare


            Dead silence; all I hear is the buzzing of the multiple fans on the ceiling, yet it’s still so hot in here. I begin to regret every time I hit snooze to skip class, I knew today would come eventually but I never thought so soon. On my way to my seat I pass by a few girls, so frantically they yell “I didn’t study enough; I need an ‘A’ on this exam.”

They didn’t know the half of it! My teacher, whom I’ve never really met before, makes the exam worth 50% of the class’ final mark. Butterflies in my stomach, not only a cliché but an extreme understatement, I have multiple hummingbirds in my stomach, fluttering their wings at a constant pace. This desk feels so smooth, welcoming me to my seat, although I’m well aware of the mental beating that’s about to take place here. It’s as though not attending class was my crime, and this exam, was my sentence. The seemingly increased gravity in this seat is forcing me to do one thing; look right at the crisp ink on the page that forms questions of no sense to me. I must listen to the intense sounds of nothing at all; at the same time my throat has dried so much so that it’s difficult to swallow. There truly is an extravagant premium for my lack of presence in this class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment